Posts tagged with “learn”
I have been using Chyrp for a very short time and so far it is pretty cool. Here are my first thoughts.
- Rapid easy Install
- It shows you the SQL that is called for every page when you are logged in, now that is too cool
- It is enjoyable to use
- Markdown editor
- Edit in place. All you have to think is, “I want to change that, click edit and Bam! you are editing the post.
- Automatically hooked in with gravitar, saves me time and it just works.
- Modular, only add what you want.
- Build on a MVC platform, and has a powerful theme engine that is kind of fun to learn
It isn’t all good though, there are still a few shortcomings, including
- The documentation, it is pretty undeveloped
- The community is small
- Steep learning curve, non-technical people are definitely not setting this one up by themselves
- There is no app for this, no way to easily post content from your phone
I am really enjoying using it. Bottom Line: It is fun to use, puts some fun into learning something new and I am hoping that this will encourage me to write more yet give me the chance to dive deep into some cool stuff. The code seems to be written in such a way that I can figure out what to do and make it work. If your looking for a turn key solution that gives you everything tumblr, go to tumblr, however, if you want to host your tumble style blog and want to get a little geeky, then Chyrp is pretty awesome.