Frequent visitors to this site might have. It has a few changes over the past few weeks. I have switched my blog platform and updated the design.
I have switched back to wordpress from the very obscure Chyrp platform. I was finding that Chyrp wasn’t meeting my needs. I wanted a little bit more from my blogging platform, including
- active development and mature API
- well writen and exhaustive documentation
- integration with mobile devices (for posting)
- could import most of my existing blog posts from wordpress.com
Wordpress isn’t perfect, but it has been helpful and I am glad I made the move. I could have gone with Drupal, but I tend to over engineer those sites and they become unwieldy when my requirements change (which happens often).
I have added a few new features to the site, in fact I am still working on it, so more features will be added in the future as well. Check then out
- a map of all my blog posts
- all of our cycling posts and other travels
- a mobile friendly theme (still to come)
When I look back at the old posts from 2006, I see that a lot has changed in the last 7 years. I have been slowly picking away at the 150+ old posts and making then a little more modern. It is pretty neat to go back and review the old photos, it is like looking at an old journal or photo album.
I hope you enjoy the new look and feel.