Portland is a fun place. Both Tanya and I love this place, and why not, it has all the stuff we love, cyclo-culture, amazing beer, foodie options, cool districts, chilled out just enough and just a little rough around the edges to make it interesting.
This isn’t an extensive list, we only had two days in Portland and one day was July 4th (everything was closed). These were our favorite activities.
- Rent bikes, if you have a little ones, go Dutch with Clever Cycles
- Get away from the heat in Forest Park
- Buy a baguette from Ken’s artisan bread and and fill it with goods from City Market
- Go to Hop Works Bike Bar
- Eat a Swedish breakfast at Broder, show up early to avoid a line
- Check out Alberta Street
- Eat ice cream from Salt and Straw
- Check out some of the many farmers markets
- Drink coffee in one of the cafes and think up skits for the next season of Portlandia
Tanya and I are foodies and our travels usually have a food and drink spin, so if that isn’t your thing, download a copy of Travel Portland Magazine for many more options of what to see, do, and eat.